Commercial Permit Application Submittal InstructionsMinimum Requirements for New Commercial Buildings/Additions to Existing Buildings
- Permit application must be filled out completely using blue or black ink.
- The property owner must sign the application (notarized) or provide a copy of a signed/dated contract or proposal for the work being done. The contractor (qualifier) must sign the application in all cases (notarized). If the contractor is not known at time of application, the project Architect may submit and list the contractor as TBD.
- A complete legal description is required (a/k/a Tax ID Number) and assigned project address.
- The subcontractors need to be listed. Signatures are required.
- Trash Hauling Permit form must be completed. Cost will be based on square footage or use of the roll-off calculation in section 2 of the form. If construction debris will be placed in a Harris Sanitation Dumpster located on site, indicate so at the top of the form. (Include a copy of your contract with WM, there will be no additional fee). If construction debris is to be taken back to your place of business indicate so at the top of the form.
- Tree removal permit application form is required to be submitted with two (2) copies of a tree survey indicating trees to be removed (See City Code Appendix D, Chapter 9, Article XV, Section 9.272 (c)
- The sub-contractor dollar value for the HVAC system must be provided.
- Notarized permit authorization is required when anyone other than the qualifier will be picking up the permit at issuance.
Minimum Requirements for Alterations/Renovations to Existing Buildings
All of the above with the exception of a tree removal permit application.
NOTE: For all projects with a dollar value of $2,500.00 or more a recorded Notice of Commencement must be submitted prior to first inspection. The information on the Notice of Commencement must match what is on the permit application and it must be signed by the property owner.