Downtown & City Hall Road Closures & Parking Advisory for March 16-18
Some roads and city parking lots will be closed March 16-18 in Downtown Melbourne for the Meg O’ Malleys “Shamrockin’” event and St. Patrick’s Day Parade.
Anyone planning to come to Downtown for St. Patrick’s Day events or to conduct business at City Hall or at one of the other downtown businesses are advised to allow extra time for parking on March 17.
Paid parking will go into effect beginning at 4 p.m. on March 17 in the City Hall parking garage and at 5 p.m. in the City Hall surface parking lot.
Road & Parking Lot Closures, March 16-18:
- Waverly Place, between Strawbridge and New Haven Avenues and the public parking lots located behind Meg O’Malley’s will be closed March 16 – March 18.
- New Haven Avenue, between Livingston Street and Melbourne Court; Grant, Waverly and Vernon Places, between the alleyway and New Haven Avenue; and Municipal Lane will be closed all day and evening on March 17 and will reopen at noon on March 18.
City Hall Parking Lot & Garage, March 17:
- On March 17, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., parking spots in the surface lot will be reserved for City Hall customers. The time limits will be strictly enforced.
- Paid parking will begin at 4 p.m. on March 17 in the City Hall parking garage and at 5 p.m. in the City Hall surface parking lot.
City Hall Parking Lot & Garage, March 18:
- City Hall surface parking lot and garage will be paid parking beginning at noon on March 18.
City Owned Parking Lots (other than City Hall), March 17-18:
- Other public lots (see map below) will be subject to parking all day March 17 and after the parade on March 18.